China's plywood exports totalled 11.71 million cubic metres, valued at US$5,810 million in 2014, up 14% in volume and 15% in value from 2013. The average unit price for exported plywood in 2014 was US$496 per cubic metre, a year on year increase of 1.4%. China's plywood was exported mainly to the following markets:
- USA (1,678,000 cu.m, up 25%)
- Japan (829,000 cu.m, up 1.7%)
- UK (716,000 cu.m, up 10%)
- South Korea (711,000 cu.m, down 8%)
- UAE (698,000 cu.m, up 64%)
- Philippines (678,000 cu.m, up 69%)
- Saudi Arabia (600,000 cu.m, up 41%)
The average export price for plywood was US$764 per cubic metre in the US, US$498 per cubic metre in Japan, US$489 per cubic metre in the UK, US$390 per cubic metre in South Korea, US$367 per cubic metre in UAE, US$429 per cubic metre in Philippine and US$309 per cubic metre in Saudi Arabia.
Around 85% of China's plywood is exported by manufacturers in Shandong, Jiangsu, Guangdong and Guangxi but these manufacturers face tough price competition and complain average prices have only risen by around 10% in 5 years.
Average plywood export price
|2013||2014||Change in %|